Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Shit Show

I'm not going to lie...today was a bit of a shit show.  Not really in a bad way, well, not for my customer, as things are getting done very quickly now.  It started this morning with my labourer not showing up to clean the drywall remnants throughout the house so it wouldn't interfere with the tapers....so I had to "labour up".  

Lo and behold, the plumber shows up to test the water pressure and a leak sprung up in the master ensuite - glad he checked.  Crisis averted. 

Then the fire shutter guys showed up, and their service tech was not the friendliest guy in the world.  I'm not used to working with people that can't adapt and look for solutions to minor problems, and this guy felt like a union guy under strict orders not to do anything out of the ordinary.

The drywallers had what felt like two hundred guys inside - taping AND finishing off the last bits of drywall.  I appreciated the speed, but man was it hard to work there today.

Poor Tom and his crew having to deal with all of the commotion in the house, and poor neighbours who have offered up their lawn and driveway for the cars and trucks of the trades in order to avoid the constant parking officer visits.

I'm going to bed now...



No comments:

Post a Comment